The best podcasts for women over 50 to create consistently healthy eating habits.
Best Emotional Eating Podcasts
Emotional Eating: No One Stress Eats A Carrot (Lessons with Laughter) | Envision Together
In this episode, Dr. Pamela and I discussed how I discovered the specific self-care strategies (the 4 Pillars of Self-Care) that led to peace with food and body helping other women who are struggling.
In this episode with Glen Alex, we talked about emotional eating, weight gain, hormones, and lifestyle issues that impact health.
Solutions for Emotional Eating for Women 45+ | Lindas Corner
In this episode, we discussed the 4 pillars of self-care that lead to peace in our relationship with food.
Learn about the four specific areas that matter when it comes to self-care and can free you from emotional eating.
How to Overcome Emotional Eating | Thriving Thru Menopause
In this episode Clarissa Kristjansson and I talked about emotional eating, why it’s normal and how you can drop the weight loss conversation, treat yourself with compassion and find better ways to reach your health dreams.
Podcasts about Eating Healthy
Biology and Self-Compassion | Behind the Bite
In this podcast episode, Dr. Cristina Castagnini and I speak about Biology and Self-Compassion as we navigate eating behaviors over the holidays.
How Curiosity and Self-Care Can Set Us Up for a Healthier Lifestyle & Better Food Choices | Kristin Fitch
In this episode, we talked about how we can feel good about ourselves, our health, and food choices by understanding it’s a journey and every small win and choice counts.
Podcasts about Eating Disorders
Heal Thrive Dream Guest: Cassie Christopher
Cassie speaks with Karen Robinson, a licensed clinical social worker from Virginia, about the connection between a history of trauma and using food to both escape from and control life when it feels too risky to be present (like with emotional eating). She shares strategies to reconnect with yourself and your values to stop escaping and create consistently healthy habits.
Emotional Eating During the Holidays: What You Need to Know | Kim Peek
In this episode with Kim Peek, we covered so much ground talking about nutrition and emotional eating.
Emotional Eating During the COVID-19 Crisis | Fit Strong Woman Over 50
In this iHeart episode, we discussed:
- What are the different emotions that cause people to want to eat?
- Advice for those living with children or even adult children
- How to avoid emotional eating while we’re at home with a lot of food nearby.
- What’s the difference between doing some emotional eating sometimes and having an eating disorder?
- Practicing self-compassion
- Free support using the Headspace app during COVID-19 https://www.headspace.com/covid-19
- Quick protein options: canned tuna, chicken, beans, hard-boiled egg
- Planning the day in advance
The Truth Behind Cortisol and Weight Gain for Over 50’s/FT | Heike Yates
In this episode with Heike, we discuss triggers that can raise your cortisol, how weight loss is affected by cortisol levels when you are going through menopause, and how to make shifts in your life and routine to lower cortisol in your body.
Podcasts about Weight Loss
Is Body Image A Problem In Your Relationship? | Lyn Smith & Cassie Christopher
In this episode, Lyn and I talk about the ways in which we can learn to love ourselves and feel better, so we can attract and enjoy healthier, loving relationships.
Podcasts for Stress and Anxiety
Emotional Exhaustion and Overeating | Me Time Midlife
In this episode, we discussed emotional exhaustion and overeating for women over 50.
Have you dealt with a food disorder? Are you eating just by your emotions? In this episode, we discussed what eating by our emotions looks like and how we can change our view of our body and mind.
How The Stress Hormone Cortisol Is Affecting | The Self Project
In this episode, we talked about:
- What cortisol is, how it works in the body, and how it affects women as they age
- Tips to help balance cortisol levels
- Trusting yourself in what’s best for your diet and body
How Hormones and Mindset Impact Emotional Eating | Neighbourhood Nutritionist
In this episode, we talked about:
- My personal journey from Registered Dietitian to an expert in emotional eating
- What emotional eating really means
- Cortisol, ghrelin, insulin and leptin
- ‘All or Nothing’ mentality
- The effects of sleep deprivation and dehydration
- The ‘urge surfing’ technique