I see you.
You want to spend your time doing what you love with the people you care about.
That means getting the “healthy lifestyle” piece in place without obsessing over it. Whether it’s avoiding medication, increasing your balance so you can easily hop off the train in Paris, or eating in a way that gives you energy to keep up with your grand kids, I can help with that!
I’m Cassie Christopher, a Registered Dietitian and Health Coach.
As a Masters-trained Registered Dietitian Nutritionist who has helped hundreds of clients reach their health goals, I’ve got more than a soapbox to stand on.
Previously, I spent my time translating personal genetic and blood data, along with the latest scientific evidence to make my clients healthier. Combined with experience teaching college students and coaching patients with pre-diabetes, I specialize in sustainable behavior change. Everyone knows they should eat more vegetables and move more, yet few people can make those changes stick.
I’ve scoured the evidence (good news is, it all boils down to being nicer to yourself!) and successfully help my clients reach their health dreams.
Here’s an idea of what I love to talk about:
- Science-based advice on behavior change. You already know you need to eat more vegetables and exercise; I’ll tell you how to make that happen for yourself.
- Personalizing healthy advice. You probably know one-size-fits-all doesn’t really fit anyone, because it hasn’t worked for you. I get nerdy excitement from plans that work for a specific person’s lifestyle, which leads me to my next point…
- Practical solutions to problems. ‘Cuz I know you aren’t spending the whole day in the kitchen making homemade snacks– ain’t nobody got time for that!
- Lots and lots of grace for the journey. I share the insights I glean from my Christian faith and seek to incorporate the love of God into every interaction. This includes loving yourself, which you’ll hear me wax poetically about, since I’ve observed my clients who are the nicest to themselves tend to be the healthiest and happiest people.
Here are some things you won’t hear from me (hopefully – see grace point above):
- No perfectionism – wellness and health have become a weird idol in our culture. I like to normalize the imperfection of our bodies and health journeys while seeking to care for those bodies in the best way possible.
- No shameful “befores” and happy “afters”. Since perfection isn’t the goal, I like to spend time talking about enjoying the journey rather than hero-worshipping the destination.
- Can I be honest with you? I don’t love to talk about weight loss. It may be something that is helpful and attainable for some, but diet culture has overlaid a veneer of guilt and shame to the topic for many women. If you bring it up, I can help but I’m not likely to suggest it as a goal.
If all this practical, be-nice-to-yourself, dream reachin’ conversation sounds like something you want in on, subscribe to my newsletter! You’ll get my latest videos, articles and podcast episodes, where I dive into the topics above.
As a bonus, I’ll send you a free cheatsheet that will help you end emotional eating by balancing your blood sugar! Once your blood sugar is balanced, you’ll have more energy, less chance of chronic disease, and you’ll finally be able to fly! Ok… I can’t promise the last part, but energy is probably enough, right?